Flickr


  • www.flickr.com
    Rob Gale's photos More of Rob Gale's photos

« Logoogle | Main | Olympics Cartoon »

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Toddler Chokes To Death On Popcorn At Movie Theater

Local6: Toddler Chokes To Death On Popcorn At Movie Theater


A 3-year-old boy choked to death while eating popcorn at a movie theater.

Deontea Riley, of New York City, was at the Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas in Long Island's Valley Stream watching "Alien vs. Predator" with his parents and older brother when he began to choke shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday, Nassau County police said.

The family all had been eating from a small tub of popcorn when Elaine McIntosh, the boy's mother, saw that her youngest son was choking.

His parents rushed him out of the theater where they performed the Heimlich maneuver without success.

As sad as this story is, why was a 3yo child watching Alien vs Predator?


TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c793d53ef00e5503c87918834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Toddler Chokes To Death On Popcorn At Movie Theater:

Comments

Carllie

I read your article on the young boy who choked on popcorn. It was a decent article until you chose to judge the parents for taking him to see Alien VS Predator.... Are you blaming the parents? How insensitive.

The comments to this entry are closed.