Flickr


  • www.flickr.com
    Rob Gale's photos More of Rob Gale's photos

« The Periodic Table of Sweets | Main | Home Cinemas That Are More Like Cinemas In Your Home »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Man Seriously Ill After Eating Slugs 'For A Dare'

An Australian man is seriously ill in hospital after eating two slugs as part of a dare.

Doctors believe that the 21-year-old, who has not been named, contracted the rare rat lungworm parasite from the slugs.

The disease, which is a type of meningitis, can lead to swelling of the brain and spinal cord and has been known to be fatal.

He has spent the past month hospital in Sydney, but is expected to survive.

[via]


Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus