A crocodile in Australia has turned orange after eating the water filter in his tank
Owner Tracey Sandstrom, who runs Roaming Reptiles, said Snappy made a meal out of the filter in his water tank.
"I think it caused the pH levels in his water to soar which has led to the change in colour."
She was stunned when her prized pet turned bright orange.
"Snappy's pretty territorial and he attacked the filter one day and a few weeks after that, I noticed he was orange," she said.
The photo above shows the moment 3 dogs finishing in a triple dead heat, beating odds of more than a million to one.
All three were declared joint winners when even the track's photo finish technology couldn't split them, meaning that bookies had to pay out to anyone who put a bet on one of the individual dogs as well as on a combination of more than one of them coming first in the race.
The £500 prize payout was shared equally between the three dog-owners.
A pub chain has baked the world's biggest naan bread as part of a launch event for its range of curries.
The record-breaking naan was 10ft by 4ft and has a total area of 40 sq ft - the equivalent of 167 normal size naan breads – and took bakers over five hours to make and 8 staff to carry.
The breads was made using an authentic naan recipe including yoghurt, ghee and Kalonji seeds and weighing more than 40kg and cooked in a specialist tandoori-style oven with the capacity to cook an authentic bread of such magnitude. [via]
An Australian man is seriously ill in hospital after eating two slugs as part of a dare.
Doctors believe that the 21-year-old, who has not been named, contracted the rare rat lungworm parasite from the slugs.
The disease, which is a type of meningitis, can lead to swelling of the brain and spinal cord and has been known to be fatal.
He has spent the past month hospital in Sydney, but is expected to survive.