Flickr


  • www.flickr.com
    Rob Gale's photos More of Rob Gale's photos

« Peculiarosities | Main | Indian City Receives 37" Of Rain In A Day »

Friday, July 29, 2005

Man Who Was Being Eaten by Maggots Dies

Washington Post: Man Who Was Being Eaten by Maggots Dies


A 63-year-old man died a day after emergency workers found him at his home in such squalid conditions that maggots were eating his flesh, a fire official said Wednesday.

Paramedics went to Michael Link's home Sunday night after his 66-year-old brother and roommate, Adam Link, said the victim was having trouble breathing, fire department surgeon Roger Chirurgi said.

Michael Link was lying in his own feces on a pile of debris and "had open wounds with maggots eating on the flesh," Chirurgi said.

Link was taken to a hospital, where he died Monday, the surgeon said.


Comments

The comments to this entry are closed.